Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

"We have the technology..."

I finally have a cell phone so there is a place to reach me in the Holy Land - please email me for the number.  The funny thing is that Israelis often refer to cells as 'PelePhones' after one of the main companies here, and my plan is with Pele. So I am making the holy language come alive! (*Pat on back*)

I must say this is bittersweet since it was somewhat liberating to be completely unavailable and not preoccupied by the constant knowledge that at that very moment, I could be receiving a phone call, text, email, instant message, voodoo curse (you get the drift).

I have vowed to be less obsessed with this instrument and even though I did purchase a smart phone that will allow me to surf the internet, I am going to try very hard not to whip out every time I have a free second.

Please hold me to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment