Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

I cannot tell a lie - Pinnochio RAWKED New Years

Greetings, Earthings! Please allow me to take a break from sharing Part Deux of my Aliyah in order to introduce you to a very close and personal friend of mine:

Pinnochio, also affectionately known by his Hebrew moniker, Pinni!!




Not only is Pinnochio one heckuva human being (oh wait, he's not, although he aspires to be), he is multifaceted in that he also functions as a wine cork. I sassily picked him up at an adorable curiosities shop in Santa Barbara, and my life has never been the same.

I also befriended his twin brother, Dominochio, who now resides with my dear friend, Leron. Her life has also been changed in immeasurable ways, some too amazing to share. She was forced to put him in a long-term living situation (storage) while she transversed the globe, but had a blessed reunion with Pinni (and secondly, me) when I arrived in Israel.

(Side note: Please do not refer to Dominochio as the Dapper Dom, Twinnochio or Twiggy. Pinni, who at times, sadly dabbles in the immature arts, has harrassed his twin with these nicknames in the past and we don't want to recreate a contentious atmosphere for our wooden brothers.)

Leron and I took Pinni out for a whirlwind night on the town on New Year's Eve and he truly made it a time to remember. He took Jerusalem by storm by pounding vodka shots and chasing fast women, while we looked on in horror. Yes, we had brought him to a pub, but had trusted him to behave, and were therefore forced to put him to bed.

We tried to make nice the next day by taking Pinni to the shuk for cappuccino and a lovely day in the park, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Leron and I think we are all at a good place right now, although we suspect that he might have snuck out while our backs were turned.

Please enjoy the photo montage below, which captures this delightful tale in all its glory. Pinni is too hungover to thank you, but I know he would want it this way.





 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment