Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lament of the Bathrobe

Uch. Hi.

Apologies that I still have not posted Part II of my fascinating aliyah, but I'm too tired today. You'll soon see why.

So I took a day off today from the fun and exhausting process of setting up my new life, and am skulking around my family friend's house.

Guess what I'm wearing? You'll never guess since you are comfortably ensconced in your WARM, TOASTY and DELICIOUS home (or workplace - condolences).

Flannel pj pants, sheepskin slippers (NOT Uggs) and my favorite robe.

Let me describe this robe to you as it has been so pivotal in my life (so much so that I once had the AOL screen name ComfyRobe). It's a lovely shade of forest green and designed to be uberly warm. It's always come through for me.

However, the American designers (and let's be realistic, Taiwanese manufacturers) did not envision the extreme state of tundra level coldness in Israeli homes. Since Israel is either warm or hot for 75% of the year (yessss!), the homes here are actually designed to cool off air as it comes in.

This works like a trick when it's not choref (winter - I enjoy throwing in Hebrew at random intervals). However, during the time period of December through the beginning of March, it's pretty dang cold.

So my robe is sadly ineffective.

I feel bad for it.

The tip of my nose is cold.

So there.

Gamarnu (finito).

No comments:

Post a Comment