Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Must...Hang...With...Anglos

No need for hello - I'm so tired that this is going to be quick and dirty.

So before I made aliyah I vowed I would not be one of those people that stays in the 'Anglo bubble' and only associates with fellow Anglos (i.e. Americans, Brits, South Africans, 'ya get the scenario).

I have been true to that vow, so much so that I have surrounded myself with Israelis and have not seen my Anglo friends since Purim.

Last night I hit my breaking point when I ran into some of my good old Australian/American/British pals - and spent the majority of the later hours of the evening exclaiming, "Ahhhhh!!! It's so good to be among my people!!! I love Anglos!!!"

So I'm going to be hanging with them for a while.

And reveling in all things Anglo - such as the language, shared cultural understanding and defined male/female roles.

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment