Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Note to Self: Learn Slang and Words for All Questionable Body Parts Before Posting on Facebook

Today's Facebook exchange is so hilarious I had to post it. Check out my status update and the comments that followed. (Each dash represents a different commentator - identifying names and photos have been removed to protect the innocent.)


Erica Why do the words 'Shadayim Yerushalayim' keep running through my head at odd intervals? What the heck does that mean, anyway? (And don't tell me to look it up because I just got back from 5 hours of ulpan and my brain is fried.)

4 hours ago ·

-
Not so sure you *want* to know what that means - but take it as a compliment.
4 hours ago 
-
I tend to translate too literally and so my translation of the G-ds of Yerushalayim doesn't sound so kosher.
4 hours ago 
 -
I would look up these type of things before you post it on Facebook. It is more or less referring to the Jerusalem chickens "white meat":)
3 hours ago
 -
I'm getting close, but your friends seem to have a better idea that it refers to the breasts of Yerushalyim.
3 hours ago
-Shadayim means "breasts". They didnt teach you that in ulpan? usually when I learn a foreign language, the first few words (after please" and "thank you" and "where is the bathroom"?) "are either curse words or private anatomical parts!
2 hours ago 
Erica Schachne
Erica
OMG this is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
25 minutes ago

No comments:

Post a Comment